Procedures and Etiquette
Please read through the information below to familiarize yourself with the policies and procedures of the club to ensure that the ice times run smoother. As some of the sessions get fairly full.
- There will be NO registrations accepted by phone. Please be sure your registration and payment reaches the Registrar prior to the deadline.
- Registrations are accepted on a “first come” basis.
- Confirmations will be sent out once your registration and payment has been received.
- If you wish to make changes to your skating times after you have sent in your registration form, you MUST contact the Registrar. A list will be posted with all skaters who are registered on a session.
What is etiquette? Etiquette is any special code of behavior or courtesy. At any level of skating, it is important that skaters follow a few basic rules to keep everyone safe and allow each skating session to be enjoyable and productive. Here are a few rules of etiquette to follow while on the ice…
- Be aware of the skaters around you. You are out on the ice for enjoyment, however, being “heads-up” and paying attention to all the other skaters will make it easier to all to have fun and learn.
- Be polite. You may say “excuse-me” to a fellow skater while you are trying to do your element (jump, spin, skill, and dance).
- No talking in the middle of the ice. It is unsafe for all skaters to be talking in the middle of the ice surface, please move to the side boards if you wish to have a discussion.
- Who has the right of way? A skater doing their solo. All skater’s should be aware of each other’s music. A skater who is in a lesson (skills, freeskate, or dance) has the second right of way. When the session ends, the zamboni has the right of way and ALL SKATERS and COACHES must exit the ice when the session is over.
- The Ardrossan Strathcona Figure Skating Club encourages a positive environment to be displayed by ALL, including parents in the stands and lobby, coaches and skaters. Please set a good example for our club.
- Skaters who skate sessions without paying or registering will be asked to leave the ice surface until payments are received.
Drop In Ice
Skaters are welcome to pick up ice on a drop-in basis as long as the session is not full. Drop in ice may be purchased by Club members in half hour increments at a cost of $5.00 per half hour or at a discounted rate for members. Please sign up BEFORE you go onto the ice. If your fees are not paid in advance you will be asked to leave.
In consideration of the benefits awarded to us by acceptance of your registration, the parents/guardian agrees to hold and save harmless, the Ardrossan Strathcona Figure Skating Club and its Executive, and Coaches, and Administration from any claim and/or injuries sustained during skating sessions or for the loss of property. We, the parent or guardian will be responsible for the payment of all outstanding fees and accept the responsibilitiy for any loss or damage which may occur during the skating session.The parent/guardian agrees to abide by all the rules of the Ardrossan Strathcona Figure Skating Club and of Skate Canada, as set forth in the rule book of the Association.
The personal information used to register is protected by the privacy provisions of the Freedom on Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the use of your information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ardrossan Strathcona Figure Skating Club reserves the right to cancel or change all scheduled times and programs due to insufficient registration. Throughout the skating season, unexpected ice cancellations will occur. There will be no refunds for a change in the ice schedule.